IU Human Resources sets the framework for the IU Retirement and Savings Plan (812-856-1234, email: askHR@iu.edu).
Fidelity Investments: In January 2020, Fidelity Investments became the recorder for IU retirement plans. For general questions, call Fidelity Customer Service at 800-343-0860.
- Call 800-328-6608 for a one-on-one for a phone consultation with a Fidelity Retirement Planner
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment online with a Fidelity Retirement Planner or call 800-642-7131.
- Schedule an appointment with a visiting Retirement Planner through the IU Human Resources site.
TIAA Financial Services: If your retirement and savings plan is still tied to the TIAA system, you can still access your information through:
- Bloomington TIAA office at: 2852 E. Buick Cadillac Blvd., Bloomington, IN 47401 (812-349-4456).
- The national TIAA number, which has extended consultation service hours (800-842-2776).
Social Security Administration (SSA): The SSA umbrella includes a broad array of disability, survivor, and supplemental security income (SSI, based on need) beyond basic retirement income.
- The most convenient way to contact SSA is to visit the SSA website.
- Automated phone service is available 24 hours a day at 800-772-1213; hearing impaired persons may call the SSA TTY number at 800-325-0778.
- Case-specific questions will be answered from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Wounded Warriors may visit the SSA website to learn about special benefits for veterans.
End-of-Life Decisions: You can learn about the complex issues associated with the basics of estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advanced medical directives, by taking Estate Planning 101 when offered through IU Lifelong Learning. Check out the IU Lifelong Learning website for dates when that course is offered and the many other Lifelong Learning courses offered each semester. If interested, recommend yourself to teach a Lifelong Learning course.