IU Human Resources sets the framework for the IU Retirement and Savings Plan (812-856-1234, email: askHR@iu.edu).
Fidelity Investments: In January 2020, Fidelity Investments became the recorder for IU retirement plans. For general questions, call Fidelity Customer Service at 800-343-0860.
- Call 800-328-6608 for a one-on-one for a phone consultation with a Fidelity Retirement Planner
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment online with a Fidelity Retirement Planner or call 800-642-7131.
- Schedule an appointment with a visiting Retirement Planner through the IU Human Resources site.
TIAA Financial Services: If your retirement and savings plan is still tied to the TIAA system, you can still access your information through:
- Bloomington TIAA office at: 2852 E. Buick Cadillac Blvd., Bloomington, IN 47401 (812-349-4456).
- The national TIAA number, which has extended consultation service hours (800-842-2776).
Social Security Administration (SSA): The SSA umbrella includes a broad array of disability, survivor, and supplemental security income (SSI, based on need) beyond basic retirement income.
- The most convenient way to contact SSA is to visit the SSA website.
- Automated phone service is available 24 hours a day at 800-772-1213; hearing impaired persons may call the SSA TTY number at 800-325-0778.
- Case-specific questions will be answered from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Wounded Warriors may visit the SSA website to learn about special benefits for veterans.
End-of-Life Decisions: You can learn about the complex issues associated with the basics of estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advanced medical directives, by taking Estate Planning 101, a seminar offered by IU Lifelong Learning.